Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Car Insurance - Beaumont, TX
Miller Insurance Agency - Serving Southeast Texas Since 1983
If you're planning on hitting the road in Beaumont, you'll likely need a few things, such as gas in the fuel tank, a seat belt across your lap and torso, and auto insurance coverage. While liability coverage is required by law in Texas, there are plenty of other coverage options that could benefit you while behind the wheel. Not sure where to turn? Don't worry! Miller Insurance Agency
can help you find the right policy for your needs, at a competitive price.
What Is Car Insurance?
Car insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Car insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
Which Types Of Coverage Are Available?
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An car insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most car policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why Do You Need Car Insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions To Ask Your Agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding car insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy by adding your home insurance and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Insurance information for the savvy consumer