Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Home Insurance - Beaumont, TX
Miller Insurance Agency - Serving Southeast Texas Since 1983
Your home is your castle. But everything from storms to fires can lay waste to your castle here in Texas. Furthermore, accidents and incidents within your four walls can leave you in financial ruin. As such, it's important to protect your home with a comprehensive insurance policy.
Still, everyone's needs are not the same, so it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you. This is where Miller Insurance Agency
can help. We have more than three decades of home insurance
experience here in Southeast Texas. Let us help you find the right policy for your coverage and financial needs.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why Do You Need Homeowners Insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
What if I Live in a Manufactured Home?
Mobile homes should be insured to protect you from various risks. The right mobile home policy is vital, click for more information.
Things To Consider And Questions To Ask Your Agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy by combining with auto, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Insurance information for the savvy consumer