Motorcycle insurance can be very affordable. However, to keep costs down, it pays to know what discount options are available.
You should always have enough insurance to protect your asset. You should also choose a policy with enough liability insurance. Then, work with your agent to discuss ways to save money.
How Frequently Do You Use Your Motorcycle?
One way to reduce risk to the insurance company is simply to not drive as often. Many motorcycle riders are weekend riders. Some drive even less than this. The good news is this may help you to save money. If you ride less often, your policy may cost less. Be sure to let your agent know how much you drive.
Keep It Stored Safely
Theft is a key risk when it comes to motorcycle insurance. There are various ways to reduce the risks to the bike, however. Be sure to let your agent know how you keep your bike safe.
- Store it inside a locked area. Never leave it out or exposed to the elements.
- Consider a security system with a GPS tracker.
- For long-term storage, be sure it is in a secured location with ample security.
Keeping your motorcycle safe is important. It helps reduce your risks of theft. It can also help reduce risks associated with weather events, such as storm damage.
Be a Safe Driver
To qualify for safe driver discounts, be sure you show your agent that you focus on safety. There are many ways to do so.
- Avoid any type of reckless driving. Avoid speeding tickets. Keep your license clean and free from points.
- Take a safe driving course. Many times, this can help you to secure a lower rate if you already have points on your license.
- Bundle your motorcycle insurance with your home insurance and car insurance. When you do, you will lower the risk to the company. This is especially true when you do not have a lot of claims on your records. As a result, your insurer might reward you.
There are a variety of opportunities available to help reduce overall costs. Do not assume your agent is automatically giving you the lowest rate. Ask for discounts. You can also get discounts simply by requesting a quote from a new insurer. Ask your agent to compare the options offered by different insurance companies.
Never reduce the amount of coverage you have because you want to save money. Instead, look for a motorcycle insurance agent who can help you save money overall. As an independent agent, we're here to help you do just that. Call today at 409.203.2027
Also Read: Advice for Parents with Young Bikers